Thursday, March 27, 2014

#sleepdeprived

It makes my blood boil when I hear or see someone say "yes, we've had our ups and downs" when referring to their relationship. Do they think it makes them sound special? Or strong for overcoming the 'ups and downs'? Seriously? What the hell do you think a relationship/marriage is? I may not have decades of experience, but I have enough to know that that is what a relationship consists of. Marriage is the only scenario when hating someone is fun, expected, and accepted by society. Having no ups and downs is abnormal. Stating the 'ups and downs' phrase is just about as logical as stating "we both have two feet in our relationship." I'm also irritated because I think people make these kinds of irritating, nonsensical statements just to hear themselves talk. Since they weren't getting enough attention, they decided to post it all over facebook so people would say "awwww you're so cute!" "awww you guys make such a good couple" "I hope I have a relationship like yours someday!" "He's so good to you!" For me, being married was so awesome because it was the best feeling in the world, and I didn't have to share it or worry about anyone else messing it up (well...until the end). I didn't have to share it! If you need that kind of validation, you might want to reevaluate where you really are in life.

Another pet peeve: "Due to the fact of we didn't have any milk." "Due to the fact of she didn't know how to tie her shoe." That doesn't make sense, and you aren't using it right. I'm not a grammar nazi. I end sentences with prepositions, I never know the proper conjugation of "lay", sometimes I write in fragments, and I speak in redneck slang in scenarios where I should be using proper grammar. But if you sound like a moron and still think you are on the same level as me, I get a little irritated.

No comments:

Post a Comment