Friday, March 21, 2014

Who's wearing the mask?

Really, I don't care about a plane that has mysteriously disappeared from existence two weeks ago. Do you really buy that? Technology exists that can read your license plate from a satellite. And they can't find a Boeing 777. My question is this. What's going on behind it? Why is our focus diverted to this missing plane and wailing loved ones of missing passengers? Its playing on our emotions, our ego, and our natural curiosity. Its happening because they know it works.

1. Emotions: We want to help! There are people on that plane who have children, wives, and mothers to come home to. We feel terrible for these people on the other side of the world because they don't know what happened to their loved ones. Hmmm. That sounds kind of familiar. I'm not saying I don't feel bad for the innocent people on board. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

2. Ego: Each country is saying "I want to be the one to find the plane so my country is the one who comes out on top as the knight in shining armor." "Finding the plane will boost my numbers among the other nations." Would come in handy for Obama and Russia right now, right? Who is going to be the big dog?

3. Curiosity: When we are told something is important by someone of authority, we believe it to be so. Our brain rationalizes 'they know way more than I do about this stuff. Something really must be wrong if several countries are freaking out about it!' That's how Obama got elected...please tell me you're aware of that.

Make sense? I'm not saying the plane didn't really disappear or that a large number of passengers are unaccounted for. I'm not saying that at all. My point is that this is happening for a reason beyond an extremist pilot executing a suicide mission. Sure, its happened. But when tension with the government began to get pretty thick, suddenly this fiasco randomly occurs that draws our attention elsewhere. Hmm. Its hard to figure out who's wearing the mask when we haven't even seen their true identity to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment